1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE 7 question

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jules_fc, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jules_fc

jules_fc Thread Starter

Can anybody tell me why my IE 7 browser isn't shown in the Add or Remove Programs list even though it is set as my default browser? If a program isn't shown in the Add or Remove Programs list then that means that it isn't installed, right? I ask this question because I am thinking about updating my browser to IE 8 Beta 2 but I don't want to have any problems with the installation if I need to revert back to IE 7. Is it possible to re-install IE 7 only and if it is should I do that before updating to IE 8 Beta 2? I use Windows XP SP3

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    have you looked for
    windows internet explorer 7
    in add/remove - thats where mine is on XP SP2

also you may need to tick
    show updates

3. jules_fc

jules_fc Thread Starter

It isn't located anywhere in the Add or Remove Programs list, even when I click show updates. Any more suggestions??

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  5. jules_fc

jules_fc Thread Starter

The release notes for IE 7 say that if I have a previous version of IE 7 already installed I would be able to install the latest version of IE 7 and the previous version would be automatically removed. So does this mean that I could just reinstall IE 7 over again without uninstalling the previous version? I hope it's as easy as it sounds

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    not sure - why not create a restore point and then at least go back to how its working now - back everything up just in case it does not work

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757771

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice