IE 7 temp files get renamed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mamakawama

Hi!

I'd like to work with some files I have in IE's temp (cached) folder, which seems to be of a non-standard style folder.

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

The temp files are listed by columns name , internet address , type , and date and size values.

I want to use the files (images) with the actual filename listed in the name column, but if I drag one out of the special temp internet file folder,say, on to the desktop, it takes on a name that is a very large character string.

any tips?

TIA!!

yes you click on the item which you select to download. it will open it in the IE ant then save it.

mamakawama

yes, thanks, I should be more specific. I need to access hundreds of images. I need to automate the access. I am stitching map tiles together.

edit: adding to this, it appears this only happens to dynamically named images. something like image.php?this=3&that=2 (even if it has proper mime type as a jpg, and the filetype column shows it as a jpeg), the name becomes an unusual string upon dragging from the cache folder.

a normally named file, say, image.jpg, retains its name after being dragged out for access.

How do I get them out with their names as listed in the name column?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online