1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE 7 temp files get renamed

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mamakawama, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mamakawama

mamakawama Thread Starter

Hi!

I'd like to work with some files I have in IE's temp (cached) folder, which seems to be of a non-standard style folder.

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

The temp files are listed by columns name , internet address , type , and date and size values.

I want to use the files (images) with the actual filename listed in the name column, but if I drag one out of the special temp internet file folder,say, on to the desktop, it takes on a name that is a very large character string.

any tips?

TIA!!

2. anand1

anand1

yes you click on the item which you select to download. it will open it in the IE ant then save it.

3. mamakawama

mamakawama Thread Starter

yes, thanks, I should be more specific. I need to access hundreds of images. I need to automate the access. I am stitching map tiles together.

edit: adding to this, it appears this only happens to dynamically named images. something like image.php?this=3&that=2 (even if it has proper mime type as a jpg, and the filetype column shows it as a jpeg), the name becomes an unusual string upon dragging from the cache folder.

a normally named file, say, image.jpg, retains its name after being dragged out for access.

How do I get them out with their names as listed in the name column?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645262

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice