1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE 7 will not display certain sites

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jgblake, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jgblake

jgblake Thread Starter

Hi:

Downloaded IE7 and certain sites (Georgia government--I'm an accountant) refuse to display. I removed back to IE6, same problem. Other sites display fine. Am forced to use Firefox 2 to get to these sites, but Firefox has issues, too. Sites display fine on other machines on my network, some using IE7 and some IE6. Have tried reloading, and still does not work. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
    Jim

2. By George

By George

I have an earlier post in this same forum "Sites using ad.Doubleclick.net". Might be the same problem. Two other computers on my home network do not have this problem and can get into those sites.
    So far I have not received help from anyone.

Do you get the same message in the bottom tool bar about Doubleclick?

3. Ctaaj

Ctaaj

I had this problem also, got no reply here, so I'll tell you what I did. This may not work for you. I reinstalled my winsock.dll, got that online. No change, but shut down and waited a night and all was normal. Since then, when it happens, I go to tools on the IE7 window, manage add-ons and disable them one at a time, shutting them and reopening each time until it works. Look for the add-ons with a publisher that isn't necessary, so save the microsoft/symantec type ones for last.
    Hope this helps,
    Ctaaj

4. gargoyle189

gargoyle189

Since you updated to IE7 have you cleared out your cache and cookies, i found i had this problem where some pages did not display and others were slow, try Right Clicking on your IE7 icon on the desktop and choose properties, then click advanced and then click the RESET at the bottom, this may do the trick.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537578

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice