1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ie 7

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pquinn34, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pquinn34

pquinn34 Thread Starter

working with a HP laptop using WIN XP Home. At certain times on different web pages or especially forwarding mail I get the following message. " Internet Exporer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I have disable scriprt debugging and that does not help. There is no mention of any particular file or dll to upgrade. I used system restore and that did not help. I went back to a month prior to the even occurring. Thanks for any help given

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    This is an annoyance that can happen to any computer user. Some conflict occurs and Internet Explorer decides to close. If you restart IE and go back to the site, you usually can continue on normally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. ACA529

ACA529

The next time it crashes, make sure to click "Send Error Report" and follow the link to the solution on Microsoft's website.

It's probably a Flash bug. I'd recommend updating your Adobe Flash Player here: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

4. pquinn34

pquinn34 Thread Starter

Thanks for the comeback. While waiting for replies here I also got one on the "PC help forum" which worked. Evidently the browser was hijacked and after I used a very lengthy solution and removed all spyware etc., the machine was back to normal I will update the adobe flash though. . (y)

5. tigerchick411

tigerchick411

Hi--
    OK 2 words....GET FIREFOX;)

6. ACA529

ACA529

That isn't very helpful.

7. tigerchick411

tigerchick411

Sorry, I just meant that I've had problems with IE7 in the past also. Then I switched to Firefox, and it's really a great browser:cool: You don't get all the error messages like you do with IE7.
    But it's a personal preference, and I do hope you get your issue resolved:)

8. tigerchick411

tigerchick411

Oh..I thought I was talking to the original poster. I didnt see who the reply was from...sorry about that!:)

9. pquinn34

pquinn34 Thread Starter

You are right about Firefox, I have two other machines and use it more often with less hassle. Unfortunatly there are some places where IE 7 is necessary so you've got to have both on your desktop to use. :)

10. tigerchick411

tigerchick411

Yes of course, I know that. I use IE7 when I have to, but I prefer Firefox for everything else. And you can customize it too, which is really nice.

Good luck:)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698637

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice