Ie 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pquinn34

working with a HP laptop using WIN XP Home. At certain times on different web pages or especially forwarding mail I get the following message. " Internet Exporer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I have disable scriprt debugging and that does not help. There is no mention of any particular file or dll to upgrade. I used system restore and that did not help. I went back to a month prior to the even occurring. Thanks for any help given

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
This is an annoyance that can happen to any computer user. Some conflict occurs and Internet Explorer decides to close. If you restart IE and go back to the site, you usually can continue on normally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pquinn34

Thanks for the comeback. While waiting for replies here I also got one on the "PC help forum" which worked. Evidently the browser was hijacked and after I used a very lengthy solution and removed all spyware etc., the machine was back to normal I will update the adobe flash though. . (y)

Sorry, I just meant that I've had problems with IE7 in the past also. Then I switched to Firefox, and it's really a great browser:cool: You don't get all the error messages like you do with IE7.
But it's a personal preference, and I do hope you get your issue resolved:)

Oh..I thought I was talking to the original poster. I didnt see who the reply was from...sorry about that!:)

pquinn34

You are right about Firefox, I have two other machines and use it more often with less hassle. Unfortunatly there are some places where IE 7 is necessary so you've got to have both on your desktop to use. :)

Yes of course, I know that. I use IE7 when I have to, but I prefer Firefox for everything else. And you can customize it too, which is really nice.

Good luck:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online