1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE 8 and Mozilla

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by alicez, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alicez

alicez Thread Starter

I am having a problem signing in to some forums while I am using IE8. When I input my user name and password, it says 'Welcome Alicez" and then I am returned to the sing-in page again.

However, when I perform the same thing on Mozilla, I get taken to the site right away.

Would anyone know why I am not being allowed to enter these forums with IE 8?

Please advise and thank you.

Alice

2. Gouthaman

Gouthaman

IE 8 is known to have some problems with vBulletin (The CMS used for Forums). See if you can re-install IE8 and apply the patches available for it and try again.

BTW, before you dismiss give Google Chrome a try. It's the best browser I have ever used.

3. Brucew0619

Brucew0619

I always use Chrome to surf website, and something will go wrong in IE8

4. Roder51

Roder51

i have not used IE since I installed Firefox more than 6 years ago. Firefox is the very best for everything.

5. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Make sure you're not blocking cookies in Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Advanced.

Keep Settings to Medium.

If still no luck, try resetting IE8:

Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Reset...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976981

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice