1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE 8 closes right away

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by makoshark55, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makoshark55

makoshark55 Thread Starter

This problem actually was happening in internet explorer 6 and 7. I am not sure when the problem came about because most of the time I use Firefox with out a problem. I need micro$hit for testing and it runs on it's own pc. I all so have some programs that will only run well on windows, like skype and helpzilla(y). I won't let it near my Ubuntu Linux(y). The only software in have installed and uninstaled was Bitdefender(n) as I could never get it to scan and their tech support sucks. I have installed AVG(y). and uninstalled it but Internet explorer 8 still opens and closes right away. I am using windoz XP home edition with SP3. I have tried to remove and reinstsall IE several times. I have deleted any registry keys I could find and have deleted IE from the HHD. This will remain important to me until the rest of the world discovers Linux. Thanks(y)

I forgot to say IE8 dose the same thing in safe mode. I have tried uninstalling in safe mode, you can' install it fully in safe mode

2. makoshark55

makoshark55 Thread Starter

I have deleted all temp files either directly or though control pannel

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920438

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice