1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE 8 New Window Positioning

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by JR1541, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JR1541

JR1541 Thread Starter

How can I change the position and size of the new window when IE8 opens a new session (other than a new tab)? I would prefer the new window to be maximized. Thanks.

2. LagunaGTO

LagunaGTO Account Closed

Whenever you close your last window, IE will reopen based on the settings that window was closed on.

3. JR1541

JR1541 Thread Starter

I don't mean a totally new session. I mean, for example, if I have IE8 open and I click a link in an email, a new session opens in a second window that is positioned in the upper left corner of my screen but isn't big enough to see half of the page. I'd like any new windows to open maximized.

4. LagunaGTO

LagunaGTO Account Closed

Open an IE window and maximize it and then close it and make sure the last IE window you close is maximized.

Now attempt what you're trying to do again and it should open maximized.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977451

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice