1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE and Google redirect

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Kbear09090, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kbear09090

Kbear09090 Thread Starter

When I try to open Internet Explorer it goes to a Google homepage and I can't seem to make it stop. I want plain IE so I can find the tools bar and clear files and cookies. Thoughts?

2. Lozzy-loz

Lozzy-loz

I'm not sure what you mean by"plain IE"you can have any home page you want but first you need to enable the menu bar so right click at the top of the IE page and tick the menu bar then open the tools menu and click on the Internet options,from there you can set your home page and delete cookies etc.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Moved to Web & Email forum, as I do not understand how this can be a Windows 7 issue.

4. ETech7

ETech7

May be because it's IE settings issue...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1067032