1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE and Network connections

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jinkazama, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jinkazama

jinkazama Thread Starter

hey. AWESOME SITE.

Hewlett Packard Windows XP

When I open up my IE it's just a white screen and it stays that way. Also if the mouse pointer is in the white area it just stays an hour glass. When I go into control panel and double click on systems or network connections the control panel freezes. I tried downloading IE service pack 1 on the microsoft website and when I run it, it just freezes after you accept the agreement and when it starts installing. I used Ad ware and spy bot and got rid of some stuff. its still the same. I also used cool shredder and it didn't find anything. I rebooted my computer and it's the same thing. My virus scanner didn't find any viruses. I have a hewlett packard laptop with Windows XP. My IE was the IE that came with the computer and i cannot find it to repair it on the add/remove program list. For some reason it's not there. Also if I right click on the IE icon on the desktop and go to internet properties an hour glass comes up for a split second and nothing happens. I would really appreciate any kind of help at all.

Thanks a lot in advance

2. Grendal

Grendal

If you have XP Home then it probably is a faulty version of IE. I've got 2 computers and the one with the Home version has problems on several sites, like not loading images right or drawing web pages on the screen wrong.

You may also want to check the condition of your modem and also make sure the connection you have set up to log on to the internet (if you have dial-up), is set properly

If you have service pack 1 for xp home then you might have the ability to remove internet explorer completely and then reinstall it by downloading it from Microsoft.com.

You may also want to get a friend to let you download either a new copy of IE or another browser so that you can download any critical updates for IE that may fix the problem.

Hope this helps. ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165420

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice