IE and settings

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MeinDCIC

I used to know this but can't recall the program in IE to use to change the logo (in the upper right hand corner) as well as the page that the borwser takes you to for 404 errors and the like. Someone help refresh my memory

The 404 page is dependant on the website you are at. You cant change that from the client point of view.

MeinDCIC might be referring to the show friend errors setting about the 404 page.

If that's the case, just go open up IE
1. Go to Tools -> Internet Options.
2. Click on the Advanced Tab.
3. Under the Browsing section, there'll be a box that says "Show friendly HTTP error messages". Probably want it unchecked so you can see what the actual error is.

But if that's not what you're talking about, then yes, ergorest is correct, whatever website you go to may have customized error pages, but there's nothing you can do yourself to change it.

MeinDCIC

Nope none of that is what I am looking for - once some one showed me a command like msconfig that would take you in to a menu that would let you change all sorts of things with IE.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online