IE Blocking URL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Michael234

When a URL is typed into the address bar it comes up "page can not be displayed" and the following appears in the address bar.

blocked::blocked::http:///www.cdsonline.com.au

This only happens for the one site.

Is there a security setting that is restricting access?

This is not on my pc but a friends who i am trying to help out over the net/phone.

I have checked for third party apps installed in IE and there doesn't seem to be anythign out of the ordinary.

PC is running XP SP2 with IE6.

I'm out of ideas................. any help?

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
I cant get onto that site either,I just tried, so are you sure you typed it correctly?The message I got was the address is not valid ....

It is possible that a failure to access only one site could be due to the URL in question somehow having been included in a Hosts file.

To check if this is the case do a 'Find files' on 'hosts' and, if one is found, open with Wordpad and scroll down and see if the relevant URL is included. If it is, delete it, reboot and try the site again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online