1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE Blocking URL

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Michael234, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Michael234

Michael234 Thread Starter

When a URL is typed into the address bar it comes up "page can not be displayed" and the following appears in the address bar.

blocked::blocked::http:///www.cdsonline.com.au

This only happens for the one site.

Is there a security setting that is restricting access?

This is not on my pc but a friends who i am trying to help out over the net/phone.

I have checked for third party apps installed in IE and there doesn't seem to be anythign out of the ordinary.

PC is running XP SP2 with IE6.

I'm out of ideas................. any help?

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

I cant get onto that site either,I just tried, so are you sure you typed it correctly?The message I got was the address is not valid ....

3. nelliedee

nelliedee

there are 3 /// in the address bar
    hope this helps
    lv gel

4. Michael234

Michael234 Thread Starter

5. TOGG

TOGG

It is possible that a failure to access only one site could be due to the URL in question somehow having been included in a Hosts file.

To check if this is the case do a 'Find files' on 'hosts' and, if one is found, open with Wordpad and scroll down and see if the relevant URL is included. If it is, delete it, reboot and try the site again.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535926

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice