1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE Cant Display this Webpage

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Mr M, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mr M

Mr M Thread Starter

Every other page of THIS SITE I try to display gives me this message and I have to refresh. I want to change my default web browser to Safari to see if that's better. How? Thanks.(n)

2. devil_himself

devil_himself

3. Mr M

Mr M Thread Starter

Somedays it's worse than others. Today it's every other page. PLUS I like Safari. I thought there was a way to specify the default browser.

4. devil_himself

devil_himself

Do the following:

1) Start your windows explorer
    2) Locate any HTML file
    3) Click once on the file
    4) Press and hold the SHIFT key
    5) While holding down the SHIFT KEY right click on the file
    6) Now a new option appears " open with", select it
    7) From the list that appears, scroll down to locate safari
    8) Make sure that the little box under the windows is checked ON. **It means always use this application with this extension.

5. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

There is but Safari is in Beta and buggy as can be and unstable also. Wait until the final version comes out, and wait 6 months after that to get a better product.

Before doing any repair of IE what is the version of IE that you are running?

6. Mr M

Mr M Thread Starter

I dont think the fix involves a repair to IE 7 since it seems to work OK on other sites. If this means anything, when I leave my pc for a length of time and then try to do a "fresh" send/receive on my OUTLOOK mail, I get error messages. I have to send/receive a second time for it to transmit successfully. I think that may be related to my IE problem since I usually go from one page of this site to another ONLY AFTER I pause to read stuff on the first page (but then, there are other sites where I read stuff and go on to another page and yet all is OK). I have a cable modem connection. Maybe there's some sort of lock or freeze when one is on line and not actively receiving/transmitting? BTW I found I can make Safari the default if I open Safari, go into EDIT, then PREFERENCES. There is a "Default Browser" option.

7. Mr M

Mr M Thread Starter

Safari not doing any better with this site. I STILL get error messages re: "Safari unable to display this site".

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591609

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice