ie connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tinafarley9

hello i play msn games the chess site quite often every couple of hours i get knocked off line can anyone help thank you

Welcome to TSG Forums.

How do you access the internet? Is it via a router, or direct from a modem? Or is it via dialup?

Whatever one you use, there could well be a setting that either resets it every 2 hours (even your isp may do this to stop ppl leaving it on), or it might get 'dropped' for no apparent traffic (although in this case I doubt it).

If you connect via a modem or router, there should be a setting somewhere to 'keep connection alive' or similar.

If you tell us how you connect, and the model of router/modem etc, and the isp, we can help more.

Scorp.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online