1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ie crashes every time with pdf

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Blue_J, Apr 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_J

Blue_J Thread Starter

I am using Win7 64 bit on an Asus Laptop that came preinstalled with Nuance PDF Reader by Zeon Corporation. I was running IE11 but removed this "update" and returned to IE9 to try and fix this problem however it made no difference.

I can open PDF and browse sites that are PDF no problem with Mozilla Firefox but every time I try to open a website which has a pdf, or migrate to a pdf from an opened website, internet explorer crashes. I receive the error message "Internet Explorer has stopped working".

The error details I receive are below.

APPCRASH
    iexplore.exe
    4d76255d
    IEPDFPlus.ocz
    4b5a5a9b
    c0000005
    ab5d
    ab5dcdc875c3cc8bbd04a6987aeb64f
    582a
    582a487018a20fabea44d9bc230e3501

I have reinstated all IE settings to default both in IE11 and IE9 with no change. When opening with IE a pop-up asks me to allow Zeon Corporation to open the file (and what are the risks) and when I say allow, it still crashes. Where as Mozilla automatically downloads the pdf instantly, opens Nuance PDF reader and displays the document!!!

I would prefer to fix the problem rather than install another PDF reader such as Adobe, or to do a clean install. I had just updated Adobe Flash Player, and Avast Antivirus (but have disabled all extra protection besides the basic) .. perhaps one of these were the cause, however when disabling Avast completely the problem still occurs.

Thanks for your input.
    In addition... my system restore always fails... not sure why. Any suggestions on this also would be greatly appreciated.

Blue_J

2. tompatrick

tompatrick Banned

Restart IE with all the add-ons disabled and see if this trick will work.

3. Blue_J

Blue_J Thread Starter

Hi TomPatrick, I went to Manage Add-Ons and Disabled Them and Restarted IE. Now instead of a RED X in the top left hand corner of the page which is otherwise blank, there is now a BLUE CIRCLE WITH A CROSS THROUGH IT. This is also in the search bar at the top next to the Refresh Button etc and when I hold my mouse over it it says "some content is filtered on this site". I don't know what to do from here.
    Note: The name of the pdf document I asked IE to open is showing on the tab and in the search bar at the top.

Further Note: One of the Add Ons I disabled was Zeon Corporation IEPDFPlus Reader Control which I think is supposed to open the PDF File and is mentioned in the IE Error Message that I receive when it crashes.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146937

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice