IE crashes with Search companion open

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aghost1

Hi, I've been having a problem of my IE crashing when I leave the search companion open and try to reopen a new IE page. --- The computer has been checked for spyware, I have run SFC /scannow, reinstalled the search driver and stopped the indexing service all with no success. --- If I close the search companion and reopen a new IE page I will NOT receive this error.
--- Any Ideas/suggestions would be a big help!!
-- Thanks Aghost!!

aghost1

..............what’s even stranger with this issue is If I open a an IE page and click on the search button it will work just fine....but if I close that IE page and open a Fresh IE page that opens WITH the Search companion it will Crash ---- This is always true unless I have IE set to open with the search companion (so it crashes) and I click on a URL from a previously opened IE page. This new page opens just fine with the search companion window open.

try uninstalling the Search toolbar. also try using another browser like Opera or Firefox. they have inbuilt search support with Google and the like.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online