1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ie data transfer problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jakewade, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jakewade

jakewade Thread Starter

hi,

on one of my computers i have either lost, deleted or corrupted some important and seemingly unreplaceable internet explorer files necessary for the program to load. everywhere i've gone to download ie or another browser, microsoft, downloads .com, netscape, opera or really any other browser i've found, that you really only load a set up file and the browser setup(s) use the embedded ie "stuff" to run. i cannot get to the web to replace the "stuff" i need.

so...............

i tried to over load win. 98se to see if i could pick up the "stuff" i need to no avail and i've come to the conclusion that i am gonna have to remove the os and reinstall it.
    so...............

i networked with my other computer and transferred all the data in all my applications that i need for later reinstallation with the exception of my saved files and address book in outlook express.

i cannot figure out how to do it. i can find the address book on 98se in windows/application data/microsoft/o.e. and i can find the wab files in prog. files/o.e. but i cannot load them into o.e. in the other computer. i don't even come close with the saved files.

please help. i need these files!

as always, any insight into this issue will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

jake

2. JustMe2

JustMe2

First Name:
    Crystal
  3. jakewade

jakewade Thread Starter

hey justme 2,

sure appreciate the lead to that microsoft site. as usual, i had to modify the instruction to some extent but was able to transfer all the data i was having trouble with.

thanks again for you help,

jmw

4. JustMe2

JustMe2

First Name:
    Crystal
    Great!
    Glad it helped at least a little! :)
    JustMe2

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113550

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice