1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE Doesn't connect.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by momk, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. momk

momk Thread Starter

Internet Explorer receives this Message: cannot find file':///c:program%20Files/AOL%20Toobar/welcome.html'. make sure path or Internet address is correct. How to correct. I cannot get Internet Exployer to come up on start up with this message.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

3. momk

momk Thread Starter

Thank you for responding and for your help.

Not sure, what configuration you are looking for. Specific problem: Click on start, then Internet Explorer, above error appears in box, click on OK, Internet window opens, error appears again, click on OK, connecting….connecting….connecting… but does not connect UNLESS I click on home and go to AT & T home page. This is an annoying nuisance.

Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Version 2002 Service Pack 2
    Compaq
    AMD Athlon Processor
    994 MHz 512 MB of RAM

Uning Linksys Router wireless for 3-4 laptops that use Vista
    ISP AT & T

Sorry for my novice vocab. Not much into programming computers etc.

4. JohnWill

From the looks of the reference, you apparently have AOL installed, or did at some point. It seems the installation is corrupted.

Did you try changing your default home page in IE?

5. momk

momk Thread Starter

You are correct. I have AOL installed. I prefer AOL email but use IE for searching. This morning I deleted the AOL program. IE still states the above error upon reboot. I reinstalled an updated AOL 9.1 with a "toolbar for IE". Still same problem. I checked to make sure IE is my default brouser: it is. My home page on IE is AT & T and now a 2nd home page for the new 9.1 AOL.

The

6. momk

momk Thread Starter

Continued: The connectiog...connecting...remains. I am ready to just accept this but it is irritating.
    Thanks for your opinion.

7. JohnWill

8. momk

momk Thread Starter

It worked! Thank you so much.

9. JohnWill

Glad we could help.

You can mark your own threads solved using the [​IMG] button at the top of the first page of the thread in the upper left corner.© :)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753611

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice