IE error messages

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

coolvm90

Lately out of nowhere ive been recieveing error messages when i close internet explorer. When i close it first i get an error report screen. If i either send the error report or dont send i get the following message. "An error has occured in Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer will now close. If you continue to experience problems please restart your computer." When i click on ok sometimes i recieve this message after that. "The instruction at "0x01e21f99" refrenced memory at 0x01e21f99". The memory could not be "read". Clock on ok to terminate the program" Now after this i restart my computer but for some reason that doesnt work either any suggestions?

Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz
512 MB RAM

valis

go to start, run, and type in eventvwr.msc. That will bring up hte an explorer tree; go to apps, look for the big red exclamation mark, and double click that, and verify that it's the explorer one. Then post the error code back here....could be something simple, could be somethihng serious.

but it's fixable, either way.

valis

well, let's try a few things first. Empty out your cookies, internet history, and cache, click start, run, type in %temp%, and when the explorer box opens, delete all that. reboot, and check to see if it occurs again.

also, this happens only when CLOSING explorer, right?

coolvm90

Yes i just did that and i rebooted my computer but i am still recieving these error messages any other suggestions?

valis

when you get the error screen, at some point in time it is going to ask you if you want to send the info to microsoft. either on that dialog box, or hte next one, is a blue hyperlink on the botton that says something like 'view data that is being sent'. click that, and post the results.

I sometimes get an error similar to:

The instruction at "xxxxxxxx" refrenced memory at "xxxxxxxx". The memory could not be "read".

This only happened when I was on a specific site (Call of Duty 2 Big Red One) and I tried to close IE from that site. If I was on there, went to a different site, and then shut off IE, it would be fine. I just totally avoid that site now. :confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.