1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE Favorite Icons all Blue E

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by dcamburn, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcamburn

dcamburn Thread Starter

Hello.

My first post--only took me 9 months. Similar questions have been asked, but I haven't found a specific answer to mine.

ALL my IE Favorites icons are the MS Blue E. I have tried deleting links and adding them back to Favorites, and several other suggestions I found in the forums, but none of the unique web page icons show up, only the Blue E. And every web page shows the Blue E icon in the Address.

I'm running Windows ME.

Thanks in advance for the help.

DaveC

2. steamwiz

steamwiz

Hi dcamburn

Download the FavOrg.zip from this site :-

http://themes.myqth.com/Downloads/favorg.zip

FavOrg scans the Web sites in your Favorites list for favicons (custom icons provided by the Web site). The icons are displayed on the Favorites bar, the Favorites menu, and the Address bar. Custom icons make the Favorites list easier to scan, letting you locate a given shortcut faster. Microsoft added the custom icon feature to IE5; FavOrg brings this functionality to IE4 as well. Favicons are usually lost when you delete your Temporary Internet Files, but FavOrg preserves them.

steam

3. dcamburn

dcamburn Thread Starter

Thanks, SteamWiz.

I installed this prior to your reply and also saved select favorites to a permanent file.

Appreciate the help and timely response.

DCamburn

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112660

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice