1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE/FireFox/MySpace errors... Ahh!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by DrummerBoyFL, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrummerBoyFL

DrummerBoyFL Thread Starter

Hey there...

Man, it's been a while since I've posted, but I'm going out of my head with the latest versions of IE and FireFox. I have to have both browsers open in order to perform certain tasks. I have XP Pro, !E 7.0 and FireFox 3.0.2. When I log in to MySpace and click on one of my friends' profiles--it'll show their profile but when I try to view ANYONE's pictures, unless they have their profile set to public, it tells me that their profile is priviate and that I have to add the user as a friend to view their pics! They already are my friend--so I have NO idea why this is happening. I do need FireFox though, because for some strange reason, my IE stopped being able to view videos on YouTube and even the music player on MySpace. In place of where the apps should be, there is only a white rectangle or square. IE however, does let me navigate on MySpace--including viewing my friends' pics. I'm at a loss. I either need to get FireFox to be able to navigate correctly without giving me false error messages, or I need to get IE7 to be able to view Flash players and whatnot. I even have the latest version of the Flash plugin installed.

I'm sure it's probably just a setting somewhere on each browser, but I've tried a million things and have searched for weeks. I'm about to uninstall both programs and try from scratch but I figured it couldn't hurt to see if anyone knows any fixes I may be able to apply.

Thanks in advance if you're out there!

Jeff

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753155

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice