IE Folders do not open in its own window

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

genesis211

WIndows XP
Dell Dimension 8200
IE 6.0.2900.2180

Under My Computer/Folder Options/General/Browse Folders, I have the box checked to have "open each folder in its own window" but they do not. This just started happening today. I have shut down IE, restarted but windows still open and replace the previous window.

Dennis
[email protected]

TerryNet

Terry
The option you described is a Windows Explorer option. In spite of the similar names Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer are different beasts.

If you double click on one of the icons in the My Computer window do you get a new window or the same one? I know that you said you get the same, but your reference to IE confused me.

genesis211

Terry I apprciate your reply. When I double click on one of the icons in the My Computer window I get a new window. But this is not what I ma referring to. I am referring to Internet Explorer. When I am browsing and I click on another link, or a link form my favoirites, it opens in the same window.

TerryNet

Terry
Have you checked in IE options (probably in the Tools menu) to see if there is an option to open a link in a new window?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online