1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE Folders do not open in its own window

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by genesis211, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. genesis211

genesis211 Thread Starter

WIndows XP
    Dell Dimension 8200
    IE 6.0.2900.2180

Under My Computer/Folder Options/General/Browse Folders, I have the box checked to have "open each folder in its own window" but they do not. This just started happening today. I have shut down IE, restarted but windows still open and replace the previous window.

Dennis
    [email protected]

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    The option you described is a Windows Explorer option. In spite of the similar names Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer are different beasts.

If you double click on one of the icons in the My Computer window do you get a new window or the same one? I know that you said you get the same, but your reference to IE confused me.

3. genesis211

genesis211 Thread Starter

Terry I apprciate your reply. When I double click on one of the icons in the My Computer window I get a new window. But this is not what I ma referring to. I am referring to Internet Explorer. When I am browsing and I click on another link, or a link form my favoirites, it opens in the same window.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Have you checked in IE options (probably in the Tools menu) to see if there is an option to open a link in a new window?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541889

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice