1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE has encountered a problem and needs to close error

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by PeteZaHut, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PeteZaHut

PeteZaHut Thread Starter

Recently, I am getting an error that says "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the invonvenience." I have Windows XP. Usually, it happens when I try to hit the Back button. It happens on some websites more than others. I have already unchecked the "Enable 3rd party browser extensions." That didn't help.

2. PeteZaHut

PeteZaHut Thread Starter

I have Windows Internet Explorer 7

3. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

Uninstall IE7 and re-install. Make sure anti-virus is disabled when installing.

4. PeteZaHut

PeteZaHut Thread Starter

If I un-install it, then how would I be able to re-install it if I don't have IE?

5. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

It will roll back to IE6.
    Then go to Microsoft for updates.
    Personally, I have no problems with IE, but you may also want to consider an alternate browser such as Firefox. You will still need IE though regardless.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538918

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice