1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ie history

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by norco12, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. norco12

norco12 Thread Starter

history tool on ie shows today only. how do i program history to find other dates? please advise

2. brindle

brindle

Tools, internet options, general tab at the bottom change the number of days to keep history.

3. avatar1

If you find that more than one day IS written in from brindle's suggestion above you may only have todays listing in the viewing pane.

If so click the History tab on the iE toolbar then View and select By Date. That's where it is on W98 anyway :)

4. brindle

brindle

The only way you're going to have more than today's date to choose from is to change the setting I mentioned from 0 to say 20. If the setting is 0 selecting view will still only give you a choice of today.

5. avatar1

brindle,

yeah I realise that, but even if you have 20 days selected - then on the History preview pane you have

View - By order visited today

you will only see today's history despite having the other 19 days available

At least I thought that to be the case, however I am far from an expert :)

6. brindle

brindle

If you choose in the view option view by order visited today then yes thats what you'll get. If you want to see the history for past weeks then choose by date. By date will be empty If you don't specify 20 days etc. I think thats what the thread starter wanted.
    Are we on the same page?

7. CastleHeart

CastleHeart

Hey... can I pipe in. Thanks....

The question was probably correctly answered by Brindle.

-however -

AVATAR1s answer make perfect sense in that N12 could well have had 10 days set in tools yet ORDER VISITED TODAY selected on the bar. He would still only see todays history.

His use of the word TODAY in the the question leads me to believe the former... but seems to me you're both right! ;)

- Castleheart

Happy almost birthday Brin. Don't tell me you still haven't found Maggie's Farm! You need to look in the mountains of NC! :D

NORCO12 if you is a "she", please change the appropriate HEs/HISs to HER/HERs above. (If you had an avatar the gave a clue - I might not have guessed wrong.):D

Come to think of it AVATAR1.....

8. brindle

brindle

Thanks CastleHeart for the B-wishes and always wanted to visit N.C. Do you live in the same area as He and His Wife?

9. norco12

norco12 Thread Starter

internet options does in fact have the 20 day history programmed, yet i'm receiving Today. any explanations? thanks

10. CastleHeart

CastleHeart

When you click the HISTORY button and the panel comes up on the left and you click "View " - WHAT IS SELECTED?

-C

11. CastleHeart

CastleHeart

O... and Brindle.... I live f a r to the east - on the other side of sunrise! On a river just off the ocean.....

- C ;)

Attached Files:

12. brindle

brindle

"What is selected" is the question of the day. When we have the answer maybe we can go forward.
    When in windows explorer what options do you have?

13. norco12

norco12 Thread Starter

history shows - date,site most visited, order visited today. still, Today is the only day showing.

14. CastleHeart

CastleHeart

bu..bu..bu...but........ Which one is selected? :confused:

LOOK AT THE ATTACHED IMAGE:

The last selection is chosen and identified by the black circle. If your is the same then you will only see today - and you need to click DATE:

So what is showing on yours?

- C

PS: And what version of Internet Explorer do you have?

And a question for other folks in the know..... When inserting an image rather than attaching - what goes in the text bar after pushing IMG - the tree to the file or what? It says 'text to be formatted'? -C

Attached Files:

15. brindle

brindle

[​IMG]

bracket img bracket the url goes herebracket /img bracket

no spaces
    bracket=[ ]

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167321

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice