IE in Compatibility mode after update

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

riptorn

Hello,

I'm running Windows 2000 SP4 and was using IE 6. After installing a recommended update from Microsoft's's update site I now get a message box titled "Internet Explorer Compatibility mode" with the following message: "This is being run in compatibility mode and not all features are enabled"

This message pops up when I first start IE. When I display the About screen the version is Side-by-Side Mode

What does all this mean and how can I fix it. I searched Microsoft's knowledgebase and could not find any real answers.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I have attached a screen shot of the pop up message box.

Thanks,
Rip

Attachments

JenniferLore

Banned
The only way to remove compatibility mode is to uninstall ie 6

Reinstall it:

Double-click Ie6setup.exe.
Click I accept the agreement, and then click Next.

Click Install Minimal, or customize your browser, and then click Next.

Click Advanced.

Click to deselect the Compatibility check box, and then click OK.

Click Next in the Component Options dialog box.

Click Finish in the Restart Computer dialog box

riptorn

So re-installing IE is the only way to remove compatibility mode? I was hoping for a registry hack or something .

Thanks for the suggestion.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online