IE isnt working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eight_bit8

My Internet Explorer isn't working. It will only open some sites, but other sites it wont open. Im on mozilla right now. I dont think that its a problem with my ISP because i can go to the sites on mozilla that i cant on IE.

Go to control panel, add/remove programs and click on it. Scroll to your IE program and click on it and you should see a box to check to "repair internet explorer".

Click repair and reboot. See if this helps.

Miz

Have you scanned for spyware? If not, download, install, immediately update and then run Spybot and/or AdAware (you can use them both.) Let whichever one you choose clean up any spyware it finds.

Then get CWShredder and run it (link to the download is near the bottom of the page).

Finally, if you are specifically having problems getting to search engine sites you may be infected with Qhosts. A removal tool can be download here.

If you're still having problems, your computer may be infected with Qhosts. A removal tool can be download here.

eight_bit8

Nevermind, it works now. When i asked my mom if she rebooted, she said yes, and it turns out she didnt...so nevermind. Thanks though.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online