1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE keeps closing down

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ohio boy, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ohio boy

ohio boy Thread Starter

Toshiba Laptop

2 months old

When I am on the net at any site IE will just come up and state Windows IE is closing.
    Then it will re start all on its own.

Is there something I can do to fix this please?

2. ohio boy

ohio boy Thread Starter

Anyone?

Windows comes up with IE running smoothly then shuts down and restarts on its own.

I have school work to finish and cannot find a way to keep it from shutting down and I lose my spot over and over again.

I would appreciate any help.

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

This is not meant as a solution but an interim step. Firefox will restore what was there if it shuts down during use so I would download and install it at www.mozilla.com .
    The next thing you need to do is run some online scans as this sound like spyware:
    www.ewido.net
    www.bitdefender.com

4. horsecharles

horsecharles

5. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

it sounds like some spyware might be involved somewhere...have you got spuerantispyware or spyware terminator installed at all? id suggest u get it installed

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/655456

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice