IE missing from Desktop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Brown-Hat

Running ME with IE 6 and MSN5.2. IE disappeared from the Desktop and the MSN link won't open. I placed an IE Shortcut on the Launch Bar and it works.

IE, [Tools] [Internet Options] [Advanced] [Show Internet Explorer on the Desktop] does not work!

Microsoft won't accept an email question because my Windows version is an OEM. Of course IE 6 was downloaded from their site but apparently they don't care.

Any ideas?

Thanks Buck! Did not do the trick!

buck52

Banned
Have you tried the IE repair

start/run type msinfo32 then click OK
on the tool tab the first item should be internet explorer repair tool

buck

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online