1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE/ Modem help - A Urgent Response Please!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by liamis2cool, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. liamis2cool

liamis2cool Thread Starter

Hi i am having a problem with internet explorer or something simlar possibly a modem??
    basically i hit a cannot be displayed pahe whenever i try submmiting information such as signing into hotmail my online banking ebay ect.. but for some reason it will let me use hotmail and search for info on google or argos for example.. any ideas what i have done i have run Hijack this to search for adware no luck and uninstalled and reinstalled modem drivers but no cigar either.. help!

2. Binary_Wolf

Binary_Wolf

Hiyas

That sounds like a security issue in IE. Have you tried running a repair on IE, or perhaps upgrading it?

Something else to consider might be a Winsock Fix. I've had it before were secure sites couldn't be accessed, such as your problem, because of a previous infection damaging the protocols. Ran the winsockfix and it was all working again.

Regards
    BW

3. liamis2cool

liamis2cool Thread Starter

hi is winsockfix a program installed on XP or do i download it? i have tried upgrading it from SP1 to SP2 but no luck i also tried firefox which for some reason didnt pick up my connection and wouldnt load a single page

4. Binary_Wolf

Binary_Wolf

Hiyas

It's a useful tool, and thusly it's not part of windows ;P

"http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Network-Tweak/WinSockFix.shtml"

Hope this link works for you. The file is about 1.3Mb, so i'd recommend DL'ing from a decent connection.

Regards
    BW

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437660

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice