1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE only opens using "run as administrator"

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cougar510, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cougar510

cougar510 Thread Starter

Apr 19, 2008

I'm running Vista Ultimate with IE 7 and protected by Zone Alarm
    My account is set up as an Administrator
    When I try and run IE, the timer shows then dissapears and IE does not start.
    If I select IE to "run as Administrator", runs but I get the warning Window to "only run if you trust this program".

The worrying thing is that it also says that IE is an "unknown publisher"

I've scanned it with Zonealarm and got no errors.

I don't believe I've done anything to change IE in this way.

Why should I have to run as administrator when I'm logging in as one?
    Why does it say that IE is an unknown publisher?

2. kniht

May 7, 2006
    If you right click on the IE desktop icon and select "Start without add-ons", does IE start normally? If it does then an add-on is causing problems.

Select 'Tools'>>Internet Options.

In the 'Security' tab click on "Reset all zones to default level" (provided this option is not already grayed out).

You can also try selecting the 'Avanced' tab and clicking on the "Reset" button.

This will explain resetting IE:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/705145