1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE: Prevent Completed Windows to Jump On Top?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Fredledingue, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fredledingue

Fredledingue Thread Starter

Hi,
    Is it possible to prevent IE windows to jump on top, when the page download is complete?

I often launch a new links in separate windows while reading the first one. But when the web page on the new window is completed, it pop up at my face, that's very irritating.

THIS IS NOT A POP UP QUESTION, I talk about regular web pages.

Is it possible to prevent that?

2. TheJoost

TheJoost

Try this> Start\Settings\Control Panel\Folder Options\General\Browse Folders\check the box that says 'open each folder in it's own window'. ;)

3. EvileYe

EvileYe

If you have a shortcut to IE on your taskbar (usually down near the start button) Right Click it and select properties then make sure you have the shortcut tab selected and where it says "run" set it to minimized and click apply/ok

4. Fredledingue

Fredledingue Thread Starter

EvileYe
    I have no IE shortcut on the taskbar. I have one on the desktop but it's not a regular shortcut: it opens directly the "internet option" if I clic on "porperties".
    Maybe I will create a normal shortcut and do what you say.
    Thanks.

5. EvileYe

EvileYe

Yep ! Just drag it down onto your quick launch bar and then right click it from there .

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168095

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice