1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE Problem!! (HiJack Included)

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by GaMeSTa, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaMeSTa

GaMeSTa Thread Starter

Ok, I have been having this odd problem, Even with my pop up blocker, I have been still getting pop ups lately, and on top of that.. I noticed that some words are now underlined in green, and when you click them they bring you to some www.search(Forgot rest), AND when I use a google search or something, the first listed pages are just ads, such as "Search for <Blahblah> with Search2020!" or something

I got help from someone.. downloaded the thing they said to (CWShredder?) and it fixed the problem, but.. it keeps coming back!, no matter what, every time I use the internet after computer has been shut off (Or possibly if my bro uses it) it does this again..

PlEaSe HeLp - ThAnKs In AdVaNcE

2. dtugg

dtugg

You've got a program on that computer that keeps bringing the *ware back. Have you ran Adaware or Spybot S&D? I had a machine doing the same thing, and after updating and scanning a couple of times with the above, it fixed it. Let us know! (y)

dtugg

3. pgoodma

pgoodma

Download WeRoot SpySweeper from www.download.com and install it. Fixes a lot of problems...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224502

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice