1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE Problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Kuriaki, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kuriaki

Kuriaki Thread Starter

I ran spybot this morning, and I deleted all the 'problems' that it brought up, just like I usually do. Only this time, after I ran it, I tried to connect to the internet, and nothing happened. I'm using firebird right now... so I know my dsl is fine, its just internet explorer. I'm also using messengers at the moment, so except for the fact that I can't use IE, everything is fine.

Any ideas?

2. buckaroo

buckaroo

Just curious.....use Spybot's Recovery function to restore those items you removed to see if that was the cause.

3. Kuriaki

Kuriaki Thread Starter

Thats the first thing I thought about too..... unfortunately even after recovering everything it still doesnt seem to work....... very weird. It had been working all morning perfectly fine until i ran spybot then i restarted and it was 'dead'

4. sekirt

sekirt

When posting, always state your OS and version numbers along with names of programs involved in your problem.

Since we don't know your OS, here is some general advice.....
    Use scanreg /restore if applicable
    Use system restore if applicable

Go back to before the problem and see if it fixes things.
    sekirt

5. buckaroo

buckaroo

Restoring your system per above should do it. If you want, you can also post your Hijack This log here for review:

http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173163

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice