IE repair

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

roho

I can't recall how to get to the repair IE, remove last up grade tool. It has been about a year since using it.
Also, I changed ISP and still have there the last provider's name in front of internet explorer on the "Title Bar" at the top of the page. I ran a search, but find nothing on the PC about the old provider. How can I remove it?
Thanks.

Originally posted by roho
I can't recall how to get to the repair IE, remove last up grade tool. It has been about a year since using it.
Also, I changed ISP and still have there the last provider's name in front of internet explorer on the "Title Bar" at the top of the page. I ran a search, but find nothing on the PC about the old provider. How can I remove it?
Thanks.
what exactly are you trying to do? what are you trying to fix? ...maybe some one else will know??

Originally posted by roho
Thanks.
that shouldn't matter... if you want to get rid of it I think you would have to get a hold of a copy of IE, uninstall your current one and reinstall the new one. To me its not worth it.

Hi roho,go to start>settings>control panel>add and remove programs>highlight IE and tools>click on the remove button>the window will open ,and you will have the option to repair,go back to the previous version,or add a component.

Roho
Welcome to TSG!
The IE repair tool is located at Start/settings/control panel/Add-remove programs. Once there select IE explorer vers.xxx and click remove. A selection will appear for repair or go back to previous.
----------------------------------------------------
Also if you want to just rename the title bar then follow these instructions but back up your registry first:
Start/run type in regedit and navigate to the key below.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\
Go to the Edit menu, New and Create a new String Value called "Window Title" (without the quotes) and double click it. In the Value Data Box, type in what you want the title bar in Internet Explorer to say.

Edit: must be getting tired. If previous custom Window title exists
you can modify that one or delete and create new.
-----------------------------------------------------
If you do not want to mess with the registry then you can always use the go back to previous option mentioned above and then download the version you had from Microsoft.
Dave

roho

Thanks for telling me where it is. I have used it several times, but for some reason my mind just went blank. I figured out how to remove the old ISP from the title bar in the reg.
Thanks to all of you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online