1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE restricted web page from running scripts or Active X

Discussion in 'General Security' started by KMD1943, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KMD1943

KMD1943 Thread Starter

I update files within an organization web page, which is maintained by another member.

I just installed Windows 7 with Explorer 8 and can no longer save the file with it original format that includes jpg pictures. When updates are saved to my Desktop (or anywhere), the jpg links to the web page are broken and I get an “x” box instead of the picture, accompanied by the following message:
    Some pictures have been blocked to help prevent the sender from identifying your computer. Open this item to view the pictures.
    However, the pictures do not show up when the file is opened.
    I have also received a slightly different message:
    The help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this web page from running scripts or active X controls that could access your computer.

Previously, I was able to save the updated file from my Desktop back to the web side and maintain its original format.

How do I disable this protection/restriction? Can it be disable for only the organization’s web site?

Thanks for your guidance/assistance.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

I think you can designate a web site as 'trusted' in Internet Options. Try that.

3. KMD1943

KMD1943 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply but suggestion did not resolve the issue.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Is this web page accessible from the internet? If you didn't program any activeX use on that page, then it means someone else has modified the page.

5. KMD1943

KMD1943 Thread Starter

Thanks for the Response.
    The web page is accessible from the internet. I pulled an old computer with XP Pro OS out of storage; I do not have any problem when using it.

6. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

you might need to adjust your security settings in ie8 from default & was it intranet that you added the website to allowed?

7. KMD1943

KMD1943 Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions. I adjusted the appropriate security setting but that did not resolve the problem. The issue commenced when I changed from Vista to Windows 7 Pro operating system and IE8.

My computer is changing the image file association in a manner which precludes its retention when saved back to the organization’s site using FTP.

Could this problem be related to the IE8 Loosely Coupled IE (LCIE)?

I’m uncomfortable editing registry keys without explicate procedures.

8. lunarlander

lunarlander

I guess the workaround is to use FTP to download the files, then modify them as you wish, and upload them back to the server again with FTP.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/934722