1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE Runtime errors

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by svengal1, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. svengal1

svengal1 Thread Starter

Hello,
    When I visit certain web pages such as this one and anywho I get runtime errors and I have no idea why. I have recently uninstalled office 2000 and installed office xp professional. I have looked elsewhere on the net and even have done a google search on the subject but I am at a loss as to what I should do.

When I visit anywho I get the error message
    Line 72
    error 'window open (...)' is null or not an object.
    Do you wish to debug?

I always clicked yes

When I just visited this web page I got the error
    Line 203
    error: object expected.

What can I do to stop this endless train of errors?

2. mobo

mobo

3. wtm442

wtm442

I am also having a problem with Internet Explorer 6. Since I downloaded a couple of patches from Microsoft last week, I am getting a Runtime Error message on half of the web pages I visit.

Have Windows XP Pro and the latest IE Explorer.

The message says

"A Runtime Error Has occured.
    Do you wish to debug?
    Line: 18
    Error: Expected Identifier"

Of course, Microsoft wants $35 to answer any question!

4. svengal1

svengal1 Thread Starter

All right I found the answer to my problem. I was getting runtime errors when I first started this post. I have google toolbar integrated into IE and it blocks popups for me. I installed Office XP and I started getting the runtime errors.
    I took a chance and reinstalled google toolbar and the installation informed me that my browser was configured to notify me of active x script errors. Google toobar installation gave me the option to turn this off (which they recommend) and the errors have gone away.

I hope that this helps you and everyone else with the same situation.

5. wtm442

wtm442

To: Svengali1

Excellent.
    I went into Explorer and selected Tools-Internet Options-Advanced.
    Then I restored the defaults. The problem disappeared. One of the latest upgrades must have changed the setting.

Thanks
    WTM442

6. svengal1

svengal1 Thread Starter

Excellent, I am glad that I could have helped someone since everyone helps me all the time.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219165

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice