1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE saves all pics as bitmaps and won't let me reopen them

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by djfortafan, Oct 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djfortafan

djfortafan Thread Starter

Hi- I will be very happy if someone can help me olve this mystery-

I'm using windows ME and IE 6.0- when i try to save a jpeg- the only file type that i can save it as- is a bitmap. If I try to open this "bitmap" that I have save to my disk- i get the "download file" dialog box that tells me that I am trying to download the file from my own hard drive- there is no way for me to open the file. Any ideas, anyone?

Thank You!

2. hewee

hewee

Can't really help you out much.
    But there is a way to save in other formats.
    In the name box add the image type to the name.

Like this Mypicture.jpg.
    On the box that says file type it does not matter what it says when you add the file type to the name.

Now I have 1000's of .jpg files and only 6 .jpeg files. Some image programs will not open the .jpeg so don't use it. Use the .jpg.

Where are you getting these images from?
    Are you sure you saved them as a image file or did you save the link to the images?

3. padutch

padutch

I had a similar problem with IE 6 . The only way I got it fixed was to reload it. I tried the IE fix and it didn't work. So went to add/remove programs and clicked on IE then add/remove. In the options I clicked on restore previous version. Then rebooted then reinstalled IE 6 The whole process took about 3 minutes. Also there is another thread in this forum that covers the same problem. I don't remember just how far they went with it but give it a looksee.
    DUTCH

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/57078

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice