IE saves all pics as bitmaps and won't let me reopen them

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

djfortafan

Hi- I will be very happy if someone can help me olve this mystery-

I'm using windows ME and IE 6.0- when i try to save a jpeg- the only file type that i can save it as- is a bitmap. If I try to open this "bitmap" that I have save to my disk- i get the "download file" dialog box that tells me that I am trying to download the file from my own hard drive- there is no way for me to open the file. Any ideas, anyone?

Thank You!

Can't really help you out much.
But there is a way to save in other formats.
In the name box add the image type to the name.

Like this Mypicture.jpg.
On the box that says file type it does not matter what it says when you add the file type to the name.

Now I have 1000's of .jpg files and only 6 .jpeg files. Some image programs will not open the .jpeg so don't use it. Use the .jpg.

Where are you getting these images from?
Are you sure you saved them as a image file or did you save the link to the images?

I had a similar problem with IE 6 . The only way I got it fixed was to reload it. I tried the IE fix and it didn't work. So went to add/remove programs and clicked on IE then add/remove. In the options I clicked on restore previous version. Then rebooted then reinstalled IE 6 The whole process took about 3 minutes. Also there is another thread in this forum that covers the same problem. I don't remember just how far they went with it but give it a looksee.
DUTCH

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online