1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE Script Error, Line: 1344. Unable to print e-mail.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wgreene, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Why is it that whenever I attempt to print an e-mail message, any e-mail message, I get an IE Script Error message box indicating the following: Error: Unspecified Error; Line: 1344; Char: 1; Code: 0

This is followed by a URL which mentions System 32. Finally I get a Yes or No option "to continue running scripts on this page."

Can someone please tell me what I must do in order to be able once again to print out my messages? (I am able to Copy and Paste to Word Pad and then print, but I'd rather not have to take that extra step.)

Thanks,
    wgreene

2. klroth2

klroth2

I am having the same problem but I get line: 228 char:1 error: dialogArguments_IE_printerType is null or not an object
    I am ready to pull my hair out

3. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Well, at least I'm not alone. But it sure would be nice to figure out how to solve this problem! Thanks for posting.

4. klroth2

klroth2

Have you found a sollution yet? It has been suggested to me that if the pc is a Dell that I should update the BIOS. I have not had that chance yet but I am going to try. Is the system you are having problems with a Dell?

5. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Yes, mine's a Dell Dimension 8250. And no, I still haven't found a solution. Things have been quite hectic around here these past few weeks, but I definitely want to find a solution pretty soon.

I haven't told my nephew about this problem, but I expect to hear from him tonight, and I'll mention the BIOS update suggestion and see what he thinks. Thanks for the information.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!