IE shortcut icons disappear???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tomoc

It used to be that if you dragged a url to the desktop to create a shortcut, the site's icon would be the shortcut icon.... recently all of those kind of desktop icons disappeared (although when you look at properties, they are still there).

Anyone know how to make this happen? All those stupid Es on the desktop suck <g>

thanks

tom

I have found no way to restore them, other than dragging a new shortcut to the desktop, and wait for it to disappear at a later date.

Vista=junk

If you have a program that is deleting temp files and cookies, this could be the issue.

Download FavOrg - your guess is as good as mine as to it working on Vista.

tomoc

I have found no way to restore them, other than dragging a new shortcut to the desktop, and wait for it to disappear at a later date.

Vista=junk
Dragging a new shortcut doesn't capture the icon for me.

tom

tomoc

If you have a program that is deleting temp files and cookies, this could be the issue.

Download FavOrg - your guess is as good as mine as to it working on Vista.
If I do have such a program, I don't know which one it is... and it isn't something I've loaded recently... I was thinking it might have been SP1? The only other thing I've loaded in weeks is iTunes and Safari to run my iPhone...

I am getting favorg now... will post if it runs and works.... ran it... seemed to find bad links quite well, but no luck capturing more than a couple of icons.... I'm trying to put shortcuts on the desktop and it doesn't seem to get any of them...

thanks

tom

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts