IE shortcut icons

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

graemeholt

Hi
I have changed the icons on folders I have on the desktop using jpgs and gifs and an icon converter. The IE explorer shortcuts I have, wont be changed this way. Is there any ideas out there.
Using XP & IE7
Cheers

Are you trying to change the original IE icon that doesn't have the shortcut arrow? If so, you won't be able to change it. Instead, RIGHT click the IE icon and choose create shortcut. Now you can change the shortcut icon and delete the original from the desktop.

graemeholt

Hi Rick.
No, the shortcut has the arrow. When you look at the properties the tabs are " web document" and "general" The web document part seems to accept the new icon but the "general" doesn't. When you delete the shortcut it shows up in the recycle bin with the new icon.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online