1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE shuts down unexpectedly

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bkoornc, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bkoornc

bkoornc Thread Starter

I work at a bank and I have a customer that is trying to access our web site. Each time she enters our address it causes IE to shut down. She gets the following error message after IE closes: The instruction at "0x03ab4176" referenced memory at 0x03ecc920". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.

I have made sure that she has all the current updates. I don't know anything about her PC except that she is using XP and IE 7.

I don't believe it has anything to do with our website because I have accessed it from several different PC's and have never experienced this issue before.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give.

2. Everway9

Everway9

First Name:
    Drew
    In IE, Tools> Internet Options> Advanced tab. Uncheck the box:
    Enable third-party browser extensions
    Apply, Ok and OK. Reboot and see if you still have this problem. If it doesn't help, you can recheck it.

and/or

This sometimes happens if Windows Update had some problems installing a download. Go to your Control Panel and turn off Automatic Updates and reboot. Go to the Microsoft website and download all windows updates from there. Once downloaded and installed, reboot your computer and you should be good. At that time, you can re-enable Automatic Updates.

3. bkoornc

bkoornc Thread Starter

Great, thanks.
    I'll have her try that and let you know the outcome. Do you think it has anything to do with our website or is it just her computer? She says that she can get to other websites, it's just when she goes to ours that it causes IE to shut down. Our website is www.bankofoakridge.com

4. Everway9

Everway9

First Name:
    Drew
    I think its the users computer at fault. I can get to the website.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759078

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice