1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE slow on certain websites all the time.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jVirus, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jVirus

jVirus Thread Starter

I recognise that some websites are just going to be slow, but this hasn't been happening. When I go to some sites I type in the site and I (running xp on an amd xp2100 with 768mb 2100ddr) put the site in and I see in the status bar one green bar and it waits a while, sometimes upwards of 10 seconds then opens. some sites pop right up. Then in the same sites that pop right up I will navigate through and I will find the same thing happening. sometimes ill get the one bar, it waits then zoom it comes up pretty fast. It is hecka annoying. Any thoughts please would be great. I have disabled my firewall. I am off my router and directly connected to my cable modem. Its a puzzler fer me. any suggestions or ideas would be helpful.

just another note. sometimes if i click the like a second time it pops the page right up.

2. BlueSpruce

BlueSpruce

If you suspect a parasite issue , First Download CWShredder , Unzip to your Desktop www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/cwshredder.zip
    Close all browser windows , check the Taskbar for minimized windows as well , Run CWShredder , Shutdown & Reboot your computer

Next , Download , configure , and run Ad-aware 6.0 Personal , Build 6.181 following winchester73's Reference Guide http://forums.techguy.org/t164245/s0bd00da6e0f7008495f1c26aa8c2e08c.html

Finally , Download Hijack This version 1.97 www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/ Unzip Hijack This to your Desktop , Press the scan button , the scan button becomes save log button , (Do not fix anything yet) save the log to the Desktop , Return to this thread , copy and paste the log to the forum

Good luck

3. jVirus

jVirus Thread Starter

Rockin man I'll do it. I want to track this down. It seems to be getting worse and more unpredictable.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167754

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice