1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE sometimes gets pages (connection is solid)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by DJPlayer1, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJPlayer1

DJPlayer1 Thread Starter

this is a very strange problem and I've actually spent 5+ years doing tech support for networks, ISP's, webservers etc. etc..

Anyways.. Windows XP SP2. I am now using a wireless router for my PS3. but it's a hard connection from Cable Modem to router to PC. If I open up IE I usually get webpages w/o a problem.. here's the problem

If I have one window or tab w/ a webpage open.. I cannot open another and get a page. Also If I'm running OE I cannot get the url page to open in IE or even another program (firefox, opera etc..). I can ping when this happens. the error is the standard page cannot be displayed. I have already removed and reinstalled IE7. downgraded to IE6 applied all security patches. I have turned off firewalls, virus programs etc.. etc..

In addition Media Player11 doesn't allow me to share my media. I was attempted to share files w/ my PS3 but media player just sat and sat and sat. Not responding type issue. I'm completely virus free and it seems browsing and the Media Player sharring problem are my only issues...

I think.. but I want opinions that my issue could be Windows validation issues. I build my PC's at shows. the version I'm using was never activated. Probably patched it so I could receive Windows updates. Now my issues are all w/ (IE, OE, and WMP..) thoughts???

I don't feel like starting from wiping this clean and starting fresh.. to much time. :mad:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643643

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice