1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE SUCKS! a

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by Whiteskin, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Whiteskin

Whiteskin Thread Starter

I have decided though extensive testing that IE sucks.

Out of all the many browsers that i have tried i have found what is in my opinion the holy grail of browsers...

Meet Mozilla Firebird

Firebird is an amazing browser for a couple of reasons....

first off ... expandability.

Its extensions interface allow it to be what ever you want it to be.

I for example use the mouse gestures extension, along with a couple of tool bar extensions. Installing an extension is incredibly simple... all that is required is clicking on a link and saying yes to a dialog box.

Its built in pop up blocker is more useful than anyone could imagine, and it also works incredibly well.

It is full themeable, and there are lots of themes out there.

For all those of you with IE look at this page .... Newt Edge To you who use IE it looks like crap... now try a gecko based browser such as firebird. and it is a prime example of good web coding.

Firebird fully supports all image formats like PNG (With alpha unlike IE)

CSS are also well supported.

gecko is a fast rendering engine, and you will notice that pages load faster than IE and more often then not you will notice they look better and you will be more productive..

I urge you all here to try Firebird because i think you will be pleasantly suprised.

For the windows installer go here

it is also avaliable for most other platforms, though for mac i reccoment camino... found and www.mozilla.org

2. adambailey

adambailey Guest

sorry i dont agree ie is good i know its hard to say but microsoft do make the best software!
    so there!

3. Whiteskin

Whiteskin Thread Starter

My question in reply then is did you actually try firebird?

if not then you dont know what your missing.

dont teach the karma sutra, unless you've had sex yourself

That, and how many third party utilities do you have to use to make IE what you want?

4. mobo

mobo

Can I ask what system you are using and as well does it load your pages any faster than IE ?

5. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

So that's my problem :eek:

6. raybro

raybro

Uuuhhh I think it's Kama Sutra :D

7. 700mb80min

700mb80min Banned

Pretty much tried em all , and MY I.E.2 came out on top for me. And yes i have tried firebird , and the only fast thing about it is the name. Mozilla has more patches , updates , fixes and bugs than all the i.e. based browser`s put together.

8. mobo

mobo

Thanks 700mb80min, thats what I figired. i haven't had a better browser on xp yet although some others do work better on 98 than IE.

9. raybro

raybro

Haven't tried Firebird, but I can say that MyIE2 works better than IE or any other alternate browser I have tried (Opera, Mozilla)

10. Whiteskin

Whiteskin Thread Starter

Well i'm using firebird on xp. and i dont personally like the mozilla suite. but that is the thing about firebird.... its only a browser, not a newsgrouper nor, mail reader, nor chatter. simply browser.

and yes i find it faster than ie, and there are many pages that i visit often, that also look better in firebird.

However one thing thit i find firebird is the best at is doscovering when a site has been using sloppy coding. A well coded site looks great in firebird, but when the coder is lazy using shortcuts in IE's rendering engine you can tell.

Firebird as much as i know has never needed a patch for me. and i have been using 0.6.2 for months. The only patches there are are in the nightly builds that the foundation releases and the average user will not have to bother with.

All in all i have my opinion although i have to say that my ie 2 definatly slipped under my radar, and perhaps if firebird ever breaks ireparibly i may try it.

Though i'd love to see any other browser excluding the gecko based ones and opera render these pages properly

11. adambailey

adambailey Guest

hey white skin your fire bird is **** i dont think you know what your talking about! who do you think you are anyway? suckkle
    hahahahahahahaha

12. adambailey

adambailey Guest

report / quote / edit (#3)

My question in reply then is did you actually try firebird?

if not then you dont know what your missing.

dont teach the karma sutra, unless you've had sex yourself
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    That, and how many third party utilities do you have to use to make IE what you want??????????????

what a load of bull ****

13. adambailey

adambailey Guest

keep your stupid ideas to your self man this is a questions ansaws forum not a i have decided @##$#$ forum!!

14. wanabe_buck

wanabe_buck Guest

breathe deep ... repeat after me ...it's only a browser, it's only a browser, it's only a browser

15. Whiteskin

Whiteskin Thread Starter

adam, you strike me as an incredibly angry man.

but honestly, how often have you had little nitpickey problems in ie, that you cant seem to solve without buying a 7.99 utility from blockpopusthatwemake.net?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164310

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice