1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE warning

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Dawter, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dawter

Dawter Thread Starter

I normally use Firefox (I love it!) but to download M$ office Word templates it wants you to use IE. I use version 7 but I keep getting and error saying I'm not using the correct browser. When I try downloading a template using Firefox it says an ActiveX is missing so it can't validate my software. None are missing. *sigh* I think M$ is mad cause too many people are using Firefox...LOL
    When I try to go to the M$ office site the page looks like the photo below and no matter what I click on it never changes nor does it allow me to advance.

[​IMG]

Any help would be appreciated.

2. SouthernMail

SouthernMail

Could you have someone else who uses IE download the templates and then send them to you? Then you could put them in your templates folder. I've never done that but it seems like it would work. Some of the MS templates have embedded links so I'm not sure what would happen to those because I think it gives you an option to enable those or not when you download.

Just an idea.

3. Augie65

Augie65

Firefox doesn't use ActiveX, you need to use IE. Have you tried going to Office website in IE?
    See this to enable in IE7.

4. Dawter

Dawter Thread Starter

My ActiveX in IE is enabled. Always has been. Even if I have someone get the templates for me(good idea) it doesn't solve why the Microsoft Office page is like it is.
    Here is what it looks like in IE7. Notice the error on the bottom left hand corner.
    [​IMG]

5. Dawter

Dawter Thread Starter

okay, you can't see the error*sorry*

6. Augie65

Augie65

I notice that the title bar on the screen shot of your browser says Firefox and not IE.
    I can't help you with IE because I don't use it anymore. Someone that uses IE7 may can help you with that problem.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650659

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice