IE Window opens for 10 seconds then closes!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Melissa695ca

Hi,

My internet explorer window opens when I click on it.. Ill get as far as just beginning to sign into my email when it just closes and disapears!:mad:
I have to use my friends computer now as I can keep my IE window open long enough to use it. Any idea what the problem might be? Thanks:(

Melissa695ca

recent errors? no error message pops up though. It just closes. No warning nothing..
also Im currently living in china so all the devices on my computer are written in Chinese.. I have to use memory to remember what to click..
But yeah no error messages.

Melissa695ca

I cant go to that site on my computer as it will just close in 10 seconds..
I tried clicking on it on this computer but of course it is all in chinese..

Melissa695ca

Im not sure sorry! We just had it brought back from 'the computer guy" last week so im assuming he downloaded the most recent. However I am not sure :( sorry:eek:

Melissa695ca

no no disc.. shoot. Are we thinking that may be the problem? Old version of IE? How come it opens then closes 10 seconds later though.
Also a game was just downloaded on the computer.. could it be a virus?

Try This

Control Panel > Internet Options > Under General Tab > Delete Files > Check "Delete all offline content" > Click Ok

Now Try To Run IE

Looks like you have spyware installed on your computer try this, then run some spyware tools like.
Spyboot search and Destory
Ad-aware, by lavasoft
AVG anti spyware.

1. Click Start /Control Panel.
2. Double-click Internet Options.
3. Click the Advanced tab.
4. Under Browsing, clear the Enable third-party browser extensions (requires restart) check box.
5. Restart Internet Explorer.

joan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online