1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE window problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by crazymish, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crazymish

crazymish Thread Starter

Hi...
    I have a windows 2000 professional OS and I am running IE 5.5....lately I have been seeing that when I open a browser window and am browsing on that particular window for some time...automatically after some time another browser window opens up and says that cannot find server and after some time another opens up with the same message and this continues after some time like some chain reaction.....how do I get rid of this hitch...an answer will be appreciated....

2. Dark Star

Dark Star

On the desktop,go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel, then Add/remove programs.

Once there, go to your version of IE and then "Add/remove."

Choose the Repair IE ....... You will then be prompted to reboot

DS

3. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

When it starts this, does the title bar at the top or the address bar at the bottom give any indication as to what site it is trying to connect to?

4. crazymish

crazymish Thread Starter

hi there.....
    I had posted up a problem here....with regards to my IE browser v5.5 running on windows 2000.....whenever I open a window, after about 30 secs it opens up another window automatically and tries to find the same page which I had opened up or some related page and it happens with each and every window that I open....
    somebody had suggested to go to the add/remove programs of the control panel settings and repair IE....well I did that and it did not work....so any more suggestions please....I would be grateful....

5. Foamer

Foamer Guest

Hi crazymish...

If this is found to be a stupid question sorry. But I have to ask...

Are you opening your IE browser by using the taskbar at the bottom of your desktop? And if so are you double clicking said icon?

The reason why I'm asking is that you only need to click the taskbar icon once to get activation of any program you need to run. As a test I double clicked my IE taskbar icon and two windows opened.

If this is not the case... sorry for this post. But sometimes the problem is less complex than you would think.

Good luck :)

6. crazymish

crazymish Thread Starter

I do double click but the icon is on the desktop although I do have an icon in the task bar that I should add....what do u have to say to that.....

7. crazymish

crazymish Thread Starter

it is trying to connect to the same site as I had opened the current window....for e.g. if I open hotmail then it tries to find hotmail's index page....or something related to hotmail.....

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64164

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice