1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE windows

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ian.t, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ian.t

ian.t Thread Starter

The likes of 'Opera' and 'Fastbrowser' make it easy to open up a new window e.g. if you do a search it opens a new window rather than having to back-track to where you started.

Can Internet Explorer do this ? I can't find out how :)

ian.t

2. Dark Star

Dark Star

ian.t,

Explorer can open new browsers..........this is done by launching explorer from the explorer icon in quick lauch bar at the left bottom of your screen.

I'm currently working with 4 browsers,........... this one, one for a search engine, the third is another web site, and OE.

DS

3. ian.t

ian.t Thread Starter

cheers for that :)

It never occurred to me as i was trying to get IE to do it automatically, like Fastbrowser - where the windows are all contained in the one browser as tabs.

ian.t

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Only other thing is tools>internet options>advanced tab>uncheck reuse windows for launching shortcuts.

With it enabled, Windows will use an existing browser window to load a URL rather than open a new browser window when you click on a Shortcut. By default this new feature is enabled.

Removed from the same tab, the "Launch Browser Windows in a separate process" is no longer available. This feature was used to decide whether Windows should launch a new process for each browser window, which makes the browser faster but uses up memory. The option has been removed because IE5.01 and up now makes an automatic decision as to whether to do this based on free RAM available.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66094

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice