1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ie Won't Close Properly - Hangs

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by AE4TR, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AE4TR

AE4TR Thread Starter

:eek: I am using IE ver6.. with windowsME. I can sign into the internet and browse without any problems, but when I disconnect from the internet, the browser won't close right away.
    If I am online for a short time (10-15 minutes) it will close right away, withing a minute or so. If I am online for a long time, say about an hour or so, when I click the X to close the connection, it will disconnect the modem, but the browser remains on my screen for
    several minutes, then closes. It seems that the computer is storing something to disk
    or cleaning out something before it closes. The longer I am online, the longer it takes
    for the browser to close and get back to my desktop.
    I was wondering if anyone else has or has had this problem, and what is the fix for it??
    It gets to be quite frustrating to sit and wait for the browser to clear the screen, meanwhile I can't use the computer for anything else.
    Thank You.

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi try..in IE>tools>internet options>advanced tab.
    Scroll down to..empty temporary internet folder when browser when browser is closed.
    Tick box..apply>ok.
    Under General tab...Clearing out temp..cookie files also will help.

3. AE4TR

AE4TR Thread Starter

I tried this suggestion, and it did not help any. Any more ideas? Thank You.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488365

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice