IE6 and root certificate update

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AizA

Hi there.
I have a laptop running XP Home. IE7 would not install ... and along with it, somethig called Root Certificate Update.
I did some Googling, and the places I found wanted me to find GPEDIT and GPMS.msc (spelling on that one could be wrong) but the computer said these did not exist.

I even successfully installed SP3. All other areas seem to be working fine. It just wil not install that root thing an IE7.

Please adivse.

Thank you.
Don in Tucson
AizA

tomdkat

Retired Trusted Advisor
Have you tried installing the root certificate update separately from IE7? If you run a manual Windows Update and use the "Custom" update option, you can uncheck IE7 and leave the root certificate update selected. Then, install that update and see what happens.

Peace...

AizA

I have not tried this but will do as soon as I get the machine in my hands.
I will keep you posted.
THANK YOU!
Don

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online