1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE6 cookie problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lellyville, Mar 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lellyville

lellyville Thread Starter

My dad is trying to login to his internet banking account, but the site says
    "we are unable to sign in to your account because your browser is not set to accept cookies. Please enable cookie by going into your browser's preferences"
    So i went to Tools and click internet control and privacy to allow session cookie, first party cookie and third party cookie, and I closed IE6 and open it again to try to login, but i got the same message again. I try to uninstall ie6 and reinstall again, but that didn't work. I also tried firefox 0.8 and i get the same message
    :confused: :confused:

Can anyone help me????
    thx

2. rude

rude

Do you use a firewall,you have to allow them there too.Also the cookies you need to allow are called session cookies.

3. beginnertech

beginnertech

Yeah just to agree with rude any kind of firewall or internet cleaning utility will cause cookies to be blocked. Try disabling any firewalls, anti-virus plug-ins, ect untill you find out which is causing it. Some of those ie "tool bars" can mess with those too...

4. lellyville

lellyville Thread Starter

thx
    i will try that
    do i have to disable the firewall that came with winxp pro?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/215069

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice